1958 prediction coming true, can you stop it?
This appeared as a full page ad in THE WASHINGTON TIMES, Monday, May 25, 2009:
In 1958 at the founding meeting for the John Birch Society, JBS founder Robert Welch made some uncannily accurate predictions about the long range plans for the social progressives within our government. Welch’s words, uttered a half century ago, have proven to be the verbatim script for the Obama Administration and the 111th Congress. Read Welch’s words and compare them with today’s headlines.
In 1958 when the John Birch Society was chartered, Robert Welch invited me to join as a founding member. Because I was already deeply involved with the GOP, I declined. My world views, and those of Bob Welch, dovetailed perfectly. Looking at the mess this country’s in now, I wish I had. Here are Mr. Welch’s words. They are scary . . . but they are uncannily accurate.
“A part of the plan of the socialists is to induce the gradual surrender of American sovereignty piece by piece to various international organizations including the United Nations. Here are their aims for the United States.
- ‘Greatly expanded government spending for every conceivable means for getting rid of ever larger sums of money as wastefully as possible.
- Higher, and then much higher, taxes.
- An increasingly unbalanced budget despite the higher taxes.
- Wild inflation of our currency.
- Government controls of prices, wages and materials—supposedly to combat inflation.
- Socialistic controls over every aspect of our economy, accompanied by an increase in size of our bureaucracy and the cost of our domestic government.
- Centralization of power in Washington and the practical elimination of our State lines making our State lines mean no more than our country lines do now.
- Complete federalization of our public education system.
- Constant hammering into the minds of Americans the horror of modern warfare allowing for ‘peace at any cost’—on communist terms, of course.
- The willingness of the American people to allow our government to implement the piecemeal surrender of the free world and the United States to global socialism.’”
Without looking at years past, Welch—in 1958—laid out the game plan that is being implemented today by the socialists in the 111th Congress at the behest of the Obama Administration. Not just part of the game plan. All of it. If we’re going to fix this nation, we can’t waste time sitting on our thumbs waiting for someone else to step up and say, “I’ll do it.” This isn’t a one man show. We have to work together to take this nation back, or we’re going to follow GM and Chrysler to what will be the biggest global yard sale of history.
This isn’t a popularity contest . . .This is a fight to save America.
The above message was paid for by Bill Barnstead, President,
Consolidated Machine Corp.
Republican Activist—56 years